Trade Select™ Brane® VHP is a Very High Permeance (VHP), vapour permeable triple-layer Light Wall Duty wall wrap designed for use in a range of wall systems.
Classified as Water Barrier, Class 4 Vapour Permeable, Brane® VHP permits very high levels of condensation absorption and diffusion, allowing water vapour to escape from within the wall structure while restricting the ingress of liquid moisture. Brane® VHP is chemically non-reactive and may be used in conjunction with treated timbers or close to coastlines. It is also appropriate as an air barrier in unlined areas such as attics.
Why Trade Select™ BRANE® VHP?
- Available in 2.7m wide rolls to reduce installation time
- Very High Vapour Permeance, High Water Barrier
- Guaranteed Water Barrier tested in accordance to AS/NZS 4200.1:1994
- Trade Select™ BRANE® VHP is an important element in the design of buildings to avoid condensation risks, “sick building syndrome” caused by mould and associated structural problems of decay and corrosion
- Suitable for use in bushfire prone areas
- Trade Select™ BRANE® VHP can be used as a wall wrap behind fibre cement and timber cladding in most Australian climates – NCC/BCA Zones 2-8 (approximately).
Note: Trade Select™ BRANE® VHP is NOT recommended for this application in the humid tropics – NCC/BCA Climate Zone 1 (approximately); use Class 2 Vapour Barrier Trade Select™ Wall Wrap instead.
- Trade Select™ BRANE® VHP can be used as a wall wrap in brick veneer construction.
Bushfire Attack Levels
For use in wall systems BAL – LOW to BAL – FZ to comply with AS 3959—2009 Construction of buildings in bushfire prone areas.
The specification of permeance of building membranes depends on a number of factors including construction type, materials, climatic data and site-specific factors. Users are advised NOT to rely on Ametalin’s general guidance, but to seek advice from a qualified engineer based on actual design and site conditions.
How to Specify
See specification notes for Trade Select™ BRANE® VHP
Smarter homes use BRANES®